What is the Students for Workers Movement?
- Free service from UConn Goldenson Center
- Initiative to help in the growth and sustainability of new and existing targeted small businesses in Connecticut
- SWM targeted small business
- Minority-owned small business
- Women-owned small business
- Veteran owned small business
- Disabled owner
How is the SWM structured?
- Managed by the Director of the Goldenson Center.
- Consists of a permanent working staff of 3-5 professionals and is assisted by 25-30 student interns
- Each small business will be assigned to a student intern
Our actuarial approaches are good at
- Use assumptions to project the future: Revenues, Profits, Costs
- Explore and discover risks in management and operations
- Modeling use any kind of data and discover mystics that you may never be aware of
Our Successful Stories
Jay Vadiveloo, Ph.D, FSA, MAAA, CFA
Professor & Director
Janet & Mark L. Goldenson Center for Actuarial Research